• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Signs of Fall (pics)

It sure is hot out but one can sure see the "signs" of the next season.....the goldenrods are flourishing...the grasses along the highways are turning brown....some foliage and ferns are turning yellow/brown....certain species of dragonflies make themselves known in late summer and early fall....yes I even saw some early red fall maple leaves (by Skibo hwy #16)....I welcome the seasonal changes...great for those photos! grin

birds have been stuffing themselves on this chokecherry bush....

Frame_DSCN3017-2.jpg

another sign that fall, is close.the asters....this one is the "New England" variety

Frame_P1040540-3copy.jpg

a leopard frog(usually see these in abundance on the trails in late summer, early fall)...this one's trying to "dig in" to avoid me grin

Frame_P1040530-2.JPG

and another dragonfly that appears in late summer, early fall...

Frame_yellowlegged-1.jpg

Ah man.... fall is my favorite season of the year.

Although we usually make the annual fall trip to Basswood Lake, this year I will miss it due to my first little one on the way.... bitter sweet for sure.

However, I do plan to pull the camper out along the Mississippi for a week and half long trip. With my gal at 7 months, we just don't want to be too far from expert medical help should the need arise.

Thanks for posting your 'teaser' to the fall season. Your images are always are treat to view.

pickinupafew