• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm still around.

Muddog

I haven't posted here for awhile so I went after some carp today so I would have something to post.

carp1-10.jpg

This one went 9lbs 2oz and was cought using a 10' Steehead rod. I cought a 9lbs 13oz on a 6wt and the first one of the day was 15lb 11oz cought on a swimbait and a fliping stick.

DEADhead this is the spot we fished.

It looks like pea soup but I could see bottom in 4' of water. Last year I could see bottom in 11 FOW on this same lake at this time of year..

Imitation corn, A modified Madison river pattern. The one with the steelhead rod was on sweet corn with a small shot of anis smelly jelly.

I need help on this one.

Is it legal to chum for Carp in the state of Minnesota? I've read that people throw corn in the water to get them feeding. I never thought you could do this. Or does this not apply to "REAL GAMEFISH".

Muddog, there is no statute that directly prohibits chumming, however, most COs consider chumming as littering so they will often cite you with littering if you are hardcore chumming with a lot of corn, etc.