• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Poshkokagan

My father-in-law has invited along on his "annual" fishing trip (he actually hasn't fished for at least four years). We're going to Lake Poshkokagan, which is apparently just south of Pickle Lake.

Can anyone give me any information about this lake? What species are there?

I have fished Canadian shield lakes before, so I have a few ideas in my head, but any helpful hints in advance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Since no one replied, I figured that I might as well turn this into a fishing report.

First, the lake is Pashkokagan, not Poshkokagan... oops... it is a couple of hours north of Ignace, maybe 30 minutes south of Pickle Lake.

The fishing for walleyes was generally good. We caught plenty in many areas using many different techniques. These fish were generally of "good size", though we didn't catch any bigger than 21".

The fishing for northern pike was a little disappointing. Again, we caught plenty of them, but the size was not good. The largest that we caught in five days was only 25 inches.

I wondered about that--I know the Posh river but not Pash Lake. If you were 30 miles south of Pickle you were in the vicinity of Savant Lake. Great fishing there--but along ways from anywhere.