• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Would Be A Good 2 Person House To Get?

iceman56222

I have the Igloo Grand Caravan. It's a sled type that is also a flip style if you want to use it that way...comes with 2 seats...I'm 6'4" and when I stand up there's room above my head. Theres lots of room to load all your equipment and it pulls easy enough (for me) by hand. I have a Ford F150 with a 6 1/2 ft box and it fits in there with the tailgate shut. It's plenty roomy fishing 2 people but you could fish 3 relatively comfortably, too...especially if you each have just one hole inside and a tip up outside. Paid $379 for it last year at Sportsmans in Coon Rapids.

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

I'm gonna have to go with the clam sleeper, 8x8,kinda a lug to haul around but with six holes how can yah go wrong, we even built a sled to haul it behind our snowmobile. works slicker than snot and plenty enuff room four even three people.

good luck in whatever you will decide!

no doubt, go with a flip style shack. they are just so much easier to fish out of. not only that, they are easier to store and carry every thing. but sorry, fellas, i've never fished out of the otter, but my new eskimo quickflip II has been working pretty darn nice. I can easily set up and take down by myself. and i drill five 8" holes and ahve plenty of room to stretch and if i wasnt so tall i could stand up in it. My shack cost me about 225 and i've heard people getting them for under 200. I dont know about the price of the otters but eskimo has got my vote

oh yeah, one more thing.
with the bench seat on it, its easier to fit stuff into your sled vs. the new style seats in the clam and frabil, (dont know about otter seats) and witht he bench, you could fish three people in there, depending on how hefty you and your friends are

I love my Otter cabin except when there's more than 6 inches of snow on top of the ice, and unfortunately here in NW PA, we usually have 2-3 feet of snow on top. It pulls like a dream on ice, loads easily into the back of my truck, sets up quick, and the tub is nearly indestructible (just avoid running it over gravel or asphalt).