• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Landings?

Could someone tell me where the nearest boat landing to get into Pelican Lake would be? I have fished Devils Lake a few times but have never gotten into Pelican before. Any new reports?

Thanks!

If you go down hwy 19 twords minniwaken, you will come to old hwy 281 it will have water on all sides of the intersection, take a right going north and go up about 1 or 2 miles and you will see were people are putting there boats in, it is not really a access more of a old road off of the hwy, but we put in there about a week and a half ago and it worked just fine for our 18ft boat. My recomendation would be to go to Grahms boat ramp and fish in the trees, that is were we had our best luck when we were there, we caught nothing but northerns in Pelican.

Selas is the old hwy 281 marked with signs? Are they putting in on the east side of the road and what kinds of hazzards did you encounter? Can you get out to the moon bar and refuge island from there? Thanks in advance.

Cant miss old 281 it looks like a road going thru the middle of the lake, says minimum mantinace and has big road closed gates that get closed in the winter. Would be east side of road. No hazards other than being shallow untill you get out a little ways, stay to the left as you go on to the lake from the landing. right gets shallow. Not sure what moon bar or refuge island is, but you can pretty much get to any spot on pelican from there. Like stated in earlier posts, I wouldent waste my time up there, lots of pike no walleye. Head to Grahms and fish the trees! Good luck, let me know how you do!

Will be up there from this sat to next sat. pelican probably will have the warmest water and i dont like the crowd. Where and how were you fishing? I plan on pitching cranks up to shore.