• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St Cloud outboard mechanic?

I was in the process of replacing my waterpump seals and impeller on my 78' merc 20 hp this afternoon and thought everything went smooth. After I reinstalled the lower unit I could get the motor to shift into forward but it would not engage the prop. I then got curious and removed the "shift shaft" from the lower unit and now I can't get it back in. It just spins and will not engage anything. Well I think I passed my limited mechanical ability. I need to have someone take and look at it and hopefully fix it. Anyone know someone in the St Cloud area that might be able to fix my problem ( before opener would be great). Thanks for your help. Otherwise I have a gently used merc for sale J/K.