• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Labs!?!?

Rhino__14

Did anyone else notice how awesome the "Silver" labs in the new Pheasant Forever magazine look? I didn't even know they existed. Does anyone know of a breeder that may specialize in "pointing" Silver Labs. Any info appreciated.

I saw one around lake Minnetonka one day last summer. I wondered what it was because it looked like a Weimy but was built like a lab. The lady said she got in from somewhere in Colorado, if I remember correctly. They didn't hunt it but it was a pretty cool looking dog for a lab (I prefer long haired pointing dogs but it was a cool looking dog).

The only "Silver" labs I ever heard of were ones being bred in, I thought, Nebraska... The AKC proved in time that they were Wiemie x Lab crosses and the breeder was permanently banned form the AKC. He falsified the litter registration stating the father was a lab when in fact it was a Weimie. I'd approach that with great caution! The AKC does not recognize any colors of labs other than black, yellow and chocolate. I find it funny that PF would pick up on the story...

Good Luck!

Ken

I was intrigued a couple of years ago about the Silver labs. When I looked into it I know there was a big breeder in TX that has been pushing AKC to give them the color. As of now they are considered a shade of Chocolate and are registered as such. I think the breeder's name was something like Silver Stars or something.

Chad

Just went on line and learned more about Silver Labs... guess there is such a thing. The AKC does not recognize them, I guess they are as posted above, a variant of Chocolate.

Good Luck in your search!

Ken