• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trollmaster and 2-stroke motors

wplatehunter

After reading posts on here I picked up a trollmaster. Last Sunday I put it in my boat, and everything appeared to be working great. On Monday we take the boat out to the lake to see how it works. Thats the problem it did not work. When I turned it on it would idle up the motor very high and I had to turn the motor off so it did not blow up. That night I checked everything and it was working fine at home with the motor not running. Tuesday I'm back on the lake and having the same problems. I finally get a hold of the company on Wednesday, and they tell me its a common problem with 2 stroke motors. They say there is some noise/interference between the two motors. The guy tells me to cover the wire and motor box with aluminum foil and tape. This also did not help. In the end I contacted the place I bought it from and he also said it is a common problem with 2-strokes, but told me most people are running 4-strokes so it not a big problem. In the end I took it out of my boat, and am going to send it back. It would have been nice information to have to before I wasted a lot of time.