• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

restored barn roof

With all the old barn pics, I thought I would show some pictures of a barn we fixed last fall. By no means professional shots, but it shows what we did. Sorry I don't have any pics of it completely finished. It snowed when we were done I believe.

100_0666small.jpg

100_0662small.jpg

100_0661small.jpg

100_0668small.jpg

Interesting post Roofer! I'd be real curious to know whether or not my local District Planning Board up here would issue a permit to have a roof in that condition restored in that manor.

Having said that, I have to give you all the credit in world for taking on and accomplishing such a project...hats off to you!

Believe me that roof was solid when we were done. The owner works at the local lumber yard. He supplied all the materials. Our labor price was just over $10K, which is very reasonable, but he allowed our lift on his property and he took care of the old wood shingles that were on there. I believe the barn was 70 or 80 feet long. We did the job in 4 days with just the two of us.