• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting preserve

eric29

I was planning a trip to a game farm before the season end to help train my pups. I have been to Traxlers quite a few times and enjoyed it, but a friend told me that the Caribou gun club would be a better place to help train dogs. He said that at caribou they leave the birds in a trap untill i reliese them when the dog are on them. Does anybody have any advice on this. In my area i think these are the only one somewhat near.

Caribou gun club is a first class operation and has been in business many years. I have run licensed dog trials and hunted their lots and never had any problems. They are super nice people that have good hunting areas and good birds. They even let me scratch hunt early in the AM and only pay for birds I shot. Talk about the honor system and I always did right by them and they always did right by me.

Tink

I actually went to traxlers, which has been very good to me. My pups did a fantastic job we ended up get 2/4 birds. 2 got up bout 100 yards in front of me but the other my dogs worked very well. I only had to pay for my 2. I was very proud of how it ended up especially with them being only 7 1/2 months old.