• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just a nice day!...(pics)

jonny_redhorse

Took my weekend ride"down south" and managed a few images...missed out on an otter about noon...sure would have been nice to have captured him!... grin.gif

eagles everywhere!

Frame_DSCN1149-1.JPG

and another!

Frame_P1010544-1.JPG

my first mourning dove of the season!...just a neat bird!

Frame_P1010543-1copy.jpg

and a lone sharpie!

Frame_P1010541-2.JPG

snow buntings!...I think I see some Edward Scissor Hands in that top bunting!... grin.gif

Frame_DSCN1137-1.JPG

Nice shots Johnny, looks like that eagle just recently ate. Good morning dove shot too, They usually spook right a way did you digiscope it? I saw what looked like a few otter slides on 7 the other day.

Thanks Ken and Jay!....Your're right Jay!...that eagle has a "pink" chin!....I saw that yesterday as I was processing the images....the eagle was off the road about 100 yards or so(maybe a little more) so this is cropped a bit....saw quite a few eagles yesterday........as far as the dove goes(used the lumix on this shot) ,it was on the Zim road as I was heading back to Hibbing,Landed in front of me as I was driving slowly,then spooked and landed on the wires right above my truck letting me open the door and get one quick image before it spooked again....Also ,yes I saw the otters tell tale "slideing" signs along the ditch and actually saw it briefly next to the DNR's public refuge acreage(with the gate) not to far from the zim sod farms(just south a half mile or so)....I sat there for about 30 minutes expecting it to show but nothing...geesh ,they must hold there breaths along time under water because nothing popped up as I was watching both ways in the ditch....not sure where it went!...there was some "pinkish" stains in the snow where the otter had fed also....that otter's going to be there no doubt for awhile now that I know it's there and feeding ,would be a good destination in that stretch to watch for a photo op... grin.gif.....