• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Question

My #3 child had his spring program at school yesterday. In all the pictures the children have a glare in there eyes. How, using elements 6 can I get rid of this. I tried the red eye thing but I guess since its not red eye it didnt work. Please help me. By the way being the VERY proud mommy that I am mine is the very hansome guy in the front row all the way to the right in the red tie grin.gif

IMG_1093.jpg

DeeDee, there are a couple ways that work, and others may have other ways.

I zoom in so I've got the whole head in the shot, then select the cloning brush in photoshop and select the size that corresponds to the subject's pupil size. Then I place the brush along something dark brown or black and pick up that color and clone it over the glaring eye pupil, which turns the pupil black, as is natural. Then, because flash usually puts a small catchlight somewhere on the pupil, I will drop my brush size way down and select a white portion and clone in a little catchlight on each pupil so it looks natural.

This is one of those things that's easy to demonstrate in person but is hard to explain through writing.

Here's a recent example. It's redeye, but it'll work the same way as your white eyes.

In the pic below I've used the method I mentioned to bring the eye back to its natural look.

I chose a cloning brush circle the same size as the pupil (the pupil is normally black but is completely taken up with the red you see in the eye on the right). I chose a cloning brush circle with a hard, rather than a feathered, edge because I wanted the pupil to look sharp. I selected black from the man's suit and cloned it in exactly over the red pupil on the left, turning the pupil black. But since flash leaves a little reflective glint in the eye, I then selected a much smaller cloning brush circle, selected white from the girl's clothing and cloned in the glint.

As said, there are other ways to do this, but this is the way I usually use.

redeye.jpg