• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No keepers today.

I did some driving around and some trudging thru the muddy woods, and this is the best I could come up with. I did shoot a ring bill, but you can guess how that turned out with the sun hitting him, mid afternoon. eek.gif I came across these mergansers as I was walking towards the river. They are some of the handsomest ducks there are. The males were looking the wrong way, of course.

Of course, you'll notice the kestrel isn't very sharp, but when you see the original, you'll know why. I couldn't get within 100 yards, even driving. I was hoping to run across one on their normal perch, electrical wire, and then shoot him as he's flying away. This one would have nothing to do with me.

I didn't have near the good day that Ken had.

2369236305_6408d5f4c0_o.jpg

2369236141_0ea35c68c1_o.jpg

2370072028_357de5858d_o.jpg

Hey, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with those days. I have so many pictures of ducks butts and backs that I could write a book on it. At least you had a good day for a walk and found some open water as well. Not a bad day, considering some of us were stuck inside slaving away.