• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Walleye Trail

I'm not sure how many are signed up as of now, but I sent in money about a month and a half ago and they had around 25 at that point. He was just sending information out to people that have fished it in the past so I'm sure a lot more have signed up by now. I am really looking forward to it. With the lakes/river they are fishing this year it should be a lot of fun. St Croix River (May 18), Minnewaska (June 8), Gull (July 13), West Battle (August 10), and the championship will be on the Woman Lake Chain (September 12 and 13). I am going off the top of my head, but I believe I got the dates correct!

I just received a letter and a check from Jim Miller from the MWT. They are no longer having their tournaments this year due to lack of entries and other economic issues. I am very disappointed as I was really looking forward to this. This is really going to cause me some issues as I already had my time off scheduled for the year and the dates I have found for other tournaments are already spoken for at work. I hope the other smaller circuits don't start having the same problems or us weekend tournament anglers aren't going to have many options.

Yes it is true just talked with Jim the tourney is cancelled, they only had 23 teams sign up as of today, when normally there would have been @ least 60 teams by now

I'm sure it was a tough call for them. I'm sure they would have gotten more people to sign up in the next month and a half, but if not then what do you do? I personally wouldn't want to do tournaments with only 25 boats and it wouldn't benefit them either. They made the right decision in my mind as far as timing goes. Had they waited until May 1st to do this I would have been mad instead of upset. I did have a lot of time invested in preparing everything, but now I at least have some time to figure out what I'm going to do, which has already been done. I'm actually planning on doing more now than I was before...go figure!! The itch is getting worse by the day!

Hi Guy's,

Sorry to hear about the fold of the circuit. That is tough.

We would like to invite you all who fished the Minnesota Walleye Trail to come and fish with us. We will do the best we can to make you feel at home and welcome.

We will be at the Northwest Sport show this weekend. Numerous teams from the Minnesota Walleye Trail have already been calling to sign up. If all of you folks signed up with us we would have some really great numbers.

If there is anything we can do to help please let us know.. http://www.[YouNeedAuthorization].com

Just so you know you are all invited.

Good Fishing

Mark Schutz

Full Throttle Walleye Series

The MTT is a lot of fun. I fished that the last two years and they run a good tournament. The only reason I was making the change to the MWT this year is to fish some different lakes. The MTT does the same lakes every year around the same time and I was looking for some different scenery. But, with the MWT not an option anymore I am going back to the MTT and will probably stay with them as long as they are around.