• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last of the redpolls (pic)

jonny_redhorse

I gotta admit these seemed to be the primary birds at the feeders this winter....guess I never really paid that much attention to them until this year but they certainly added some "color" to an other wise stark background...wonderful ,colorful birds for sure...

Frame_P1010160-4.JPG

Thats a nice sharp image. It really shows them in their enviroment as a flock. It has been about a week now, if not longer since any redpolls or pine grosebeaks have been at my feeder. Then today with a little snow blowing around a flock of redpolls showed up. I read some where that they are one of the hardiest birds there is when it comes to the cold. I know when its 40 below and the winds whipping they are the most likely to be still visiting the feeders. It is funny up here we take them for granted and often look right past them at feeding stations. Down towards Minneapolis birders drive all over looking for them if they re spotted down in that area. The great thing about the birding up here is we get new birds with each new season. In winter we get all these artic birds coming down and pretty soon they will be gone and all the birds of spring and summer will appear.