• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Curado

TonkaBass

Tonka-It was great to meet you at bellas... glad you ended up getting the 101, it will treat you right. Would be nice to "hook" up with you on tonka some day this summer!

Hey, might want to give a look at the new Cumara rods,, they are sweet!

I have a dozen of the old green curados. The new ones look awesome. I can't justify getting a new one...Oh wait! I am looking to get a 5:1 reel for cranks this year. \:\) I will look around but I am pretty loyal to Shimano.

frogtosser,

Thanks ;\) Actually I wish that was the case, but Shimano sells itself for the most part. The Curado has been an excellent reel that's both versatile and durable. Haven't really seen anyone complain about it who owns one...

Quick question about the curados. I recently bought a 5:1 for my compre crankbait rod and absolutely love it. (I had a chance to use it down on Table Rock this past week during the "disastor" flooding). The only thing is that I wish they made the 100 series in the slower gear ratio for a smaller crankbait set-up. Do you know if there are any plans in the future to make something like this?

Also, when I was cleaning and lubing my reels I noticed that my 7.1:1 curado makes a clicking sound. It only happens when you give the handle a good/fast crank and let the spool spin. I talked to someone who repairs reels and he said not to worry about it because it's just a "built-in safety mechanism" that protects the pinion gear. He added that they don't make the sound when new, but they can start making it in the future. I also used this reel on my trip and it worked great as always. It doesn't seem to affect the reel during normal usage so I don't think it should be an issue. Anyone have any info regarding the topic. I just find this explanation sort of hard to believe considering how many shimanos I own that haven't and still don't make a sound. Thanks for any info

Dan

Not sure about either question. I know they may be doing some rebuilding of some of the baitcasters, but not sure on the curado as it was newly redone...

as for your second question, I would have to hear it to fully know. If you cant feel the noise or hear it under normal use, I wouldnt worry about it.