• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Crestliner SuperHawk I/O

Musky_Madness

Hey All...My dad is looking at upgrading his Tracker boat 16ft Pro Guide 50hp Merc to a new Crestliner Super Hawk I/O. The fish/ski combo is good for him as he is planning ahead for grandkids and enjoys lounging on the lake with my mom. The new boat would allow us to ski and tube and have fun on the lake and boogey a little more than a 50hp could ever do. Has anyone looked at these so far this year at the shows? He saw one at the mall in Alexandria and really really liked it. What about the I/O aspect for fishing? We mostly fish musky/bass so wouldn't be worried about back trolling or trolling much at all.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Nice all-around boat, no doubt about that. I would say we should have a marine service man chime in about I/O winterization and maintenance versus an outboard. I believe I/Os can be a little more complicated.

Both the I/O and outboard model of the Super Hawk offer a ladder and swim platform option. That sounds like it may be important to your dad. The I/O does offer more seating, but you sacrifice a rear fishing platform and large livewell. In other words, the I/O is more recreation oriented while the outboard is more fishing oriented. Both are capable of either activity.

Either model gives you a heck of a nice boat. I really believe that Crestliner does give you the best aluminum boat for your money.

The new MerCruiser models that the Super Hawk I/O can get have a quick water drain plug that you just pull out from the top and the water drains. No major winterization needed They also have an easy access oil fill and drain for making oil changes much easier than in the past. This info was told to me by a Crestlienr guy at the MPLS boat show.

Welcome to FM Neptune

Your also right about the drain, maybe it was even me at the show telling you that, but ne ways. Hes correct on this, you are able to drain the block by pulling the pin. Awesome little feature.