• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishermans journal

eyebjim

Many years ago I received as a gift a fishermans journal. Each page had a space for lake, weather, what was tried etc. It was a very nice book for recording the events of a days fishing for future use. I lost it back then and have not been able to find anything like it since. Do any of you know where I might get another?

I am pretty sure gander carries them. When gander was in Minnetonka I had seen them there, I was looking at buying one myself. I have not looked at the new gander in EP. I am heading there today, I will let you know if I see any.

No, but i am sure its something that you could bind together yourself. Do it on the computer and take notes on specific lakes and such. Then print it out and add to a 3-ring binder...I keep track of something like that but not anything high tech or special...

I didn't think of that.

I have been using a calendar for several years but there is not that much room to write on a calendar.

It would be nice to see someone set up a calendar specifically for keeping track of your fishing notes.

I use something similar for my hunting. It seems to have too many spaces for too many things that don't matter all that much.

What I like to use better is a blank book. Most book stores or office supply stores carry them. No wasted space and you can write what you like, where you like.

Originally Posted By: eyebjim
Thank you,

I will check them out. Where they just in the fishing department or were they hidden somewhere?

They were located in the books/magazines/calendars section. They have different ones for fishing, hiking, camping, etc...

I have been using those hard cover notebooks that you used when you were young enough to bend over, the ones with the Holstein cover. I write a bit for every trip that I go on no matter how short. Any number of times question have come up with my friends and I'm usually able to come up with the info. I figure it's going to be something I can use to restart the 'movie' when I'm too old to go out and do it myself, or maybe one of my kids can use them to write a book about what it was like back in the old days.

They only cost a couple of bucks and you can find them about anywhere school supplies are sold.

Originally Posted By: Tom7227
I have been using those hard cover notebooks that you used when you were young enough to bend over

You didn't have to take a shot at my belly! grin.gif You hit it on the nail though.

Hey Sandmannd. that calender/journal sound pretty cool. nutting like remembering the great times you have out on the lake. if ya wouldnt mind could you email me the copy of it. the email if on my profile but its [email protected] . Thanks, it me much appreciated.

if it Hits the Bait, it Hits the Plate!