• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

06 Buick Lacrosse change oil light

I had my oil changed at a local shop about 2000 miles ago. Now the oil and wrench symbol comes on and stays on for about 20 sec. each time I start it. We only have 22000 miles on it so I assume they didn't shut it off. What do you do with that model so the light doesn't come on. The oil level is fine and it runs great, thanks in advance.

I will start off saying I have never reset one on your model, but when you scroll threw the cluster menu, get to the oil % left and double hit and hold reset. Hold it untill you hear it clear to a 100%. This works on Fords

If this does not clear it up, read owners manual or someone else will chime in.

Good luck..

I would bet that the oil life monitor runs at 5,000 mile intervals. I could not tell you how many times I have not reset the lights if they are not on at the time, it just happens. The good news is that your owners manual will give you the directions needed to reset the light. Just look in the index under oil life monitor. I'm sure the place you brought it to would be more than happy to take care of it also.

The pedal thing only works if the car doesnt have the drivers information center. If it has the drivers info center, you need to press the set/reset button, to reset it.

Originally Posted By: SCUMFROG
turn key to on postion do not start car. pump gas all the way to the floor 3 times. start car...

Yep, worked for Avis Rent A Car, we had to reset the lights all the time. Usually right after the oil had been changed.