• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fly in fishing trip

Anybody have a idea where to go for a fly in trip? I would like to stay within a few hours from International falls. any help would be great thanks.

Go to a good lake with lots of fish.

If you truly want advise, you need to be a little more specific in your request:

Dates?

Budget?

Species targeted?

Deluxe or rustic?

Number & age of group?

These are but a few factors in any trip.

$600 per person? It better be a short trip, at least on a fly-in. We go to drive-to lakes and gas/food/bait/accomodations come to around that, if not more. At least that is the price "we believe" in. Truth be known, it is more than that. Always worth it...always.

If you get a fly in trip for $600 per person, it is an unbelievable deal. You can't go on a good fly in and have good fishing and service for that price. You can expect to pay around $1000 or more per peson on most any fly in that will have good fishing, service, and equipment. If you are looking for an excellent fly in walleye fishing outfitter, L&M Fly In is a FM sponsor and has some fantastic lakes, check them out.

http://www.lmflyin.com

Rather than do a fly-in, check out some boat-in outpost options. Usually much cheaper and often times equal fishing. I have only been on one fly-in and my experience was good, but I have been on several boat-ins and the fishing has been every bit as good at a much cheaper price. The boat-in outposts I have been to have been very private,, either seeing very few other people or nobody. Superbee: you probably know the people I flew in with. Mike and Renae Henry of Pipestone Fly-ins. Very nice people and first class operation.

I know them and they run a good opertation, but I still recommend L&M Fly In over them. If you are looking for a boat in outpost, we have a boat in cabin on Pipestone Lake. Also, there are alot of fly in outfitters that will fit a group of 2 in at a reasonable price, you just need to be a little flexible on dates. Another thing to watch if doing a fly in, is the fight distances, on the long flights you want twin engine or a turbine aircraft. A single engine piston floatplane is slow and hot during the summer months. That usually results in some air sickness.

I would have to agree, 600.00 trips are pretty much thing of the past. The high costs involved with fly ins has raised the rates a fair bit in the last few years. You can almost bet if you find a cheaper fly in though, you stand a good chance you will also be charged a "fuel surcharge" when you arrive for the trip above and beyond your basic trip rate. Some outfitters have been doing this recently in order to not raise the basic trip rates year to year. Just another thing to ask when inquiring about a possible trip.

Sergeant Slabber... Looking forward to meeting you this summer. I know you'll enjoy your trip very much that I have you set up for.

Spring is coming soon, if anyone is looking for a fly in fishing trip in Ontario yet this summer, check out our web site. We are offering a few specials which are listed on our specials page, mabey one of them will apply to you.

I haven't used the outfit in about 10 years but they were great for the few years we used them. Northwest Fly-in Outpost, in Nestor Falls, Ont. (60 mi from I Falls or Baudettte) They have everything from day trips to week long, cabins and camping both. Great for several species and looking at the HSOforum prices still seem reasonable. Great fishing and good people. We would camp near LOW and take a day trip for Walleye, Northern, and Smallies. Hope this helps!

Northwest flying service has lots of day out lakes and camping options which can provide for fun trips if thats a trip your looking for. I know 2 of the 3 outpost lakes they operate very well as we use to run those lakes for many years. The 3rd lake we use to operate another outpost cabin on that lake too. I know the area very well and theres some good lakes in that area around Nestor Falls. We moved our buissness and lakes further north to get more remote is when sold out the rights to those lakes.