• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Youth Turkey results are in!!!

Powerstroke

I was giving up hope that my sister would get drawn for her first turkey hunt, but I got home today to find a fantastic email.

She got drawn for 461!! We will hunt April 19-20. I promised to be her "adult" for this hunt and now that I know we've been drawn I am ecstatic!!!!! grin.gif\:Dcrazy.gifgrin.gif

Congrats to the other people selected for youth hunts. I am honored to help teach my little sister the joy of turkey hunting. I hope she had fun at Firearms Safety last night.

An email was sent to the successful drawers. A letter with information on a clinic will follow in the next week.

We are excited to have filled all 30 of our mentor spots in 239 and 240. That means 30 kids get to hunt!

I'm especially excited that my son gets to hunt in 240 this year during the youth hunt. Should be a gas.

MJ

This is great to hear. I mentored a boy a couple years back. It's well worth the time whether your the mentor or your kids are drawn for the permit.

Thanks to those who are participating in the Youth hunt this year.

That's great to hear, my daughter was drawn 2 years ago for one of the first hunts at chester woods near rochester. The first day was nodda, not even a gobble. The next day we moved to a different location and they were almost on top of us in the A.M. She was able to harvest a nice tom, I was happy that we didn't see anything the first day. It taught her to be patient and that it's not always about getting, it's about being outdoors at the crack of dawn and all of the other things in nature that make the rest of us get up in the wee hours of the morning hoping to see that big tom or buck. congrats again and good luck on your hunt!