• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Edwards Fails Post Race Inspection

Sifty

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
It must be an advantage and even if it is not, its in the rules and others have been penalized also for this infraction.

It's only an advantage at a track like Talladega or Daytona.

No advantage at Los Vegas, but rules are rules.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Bill
 Originally Posted By: harvey lee
It must be an advantage and even if it is not, its in the rules and others have been penalized also for this infraction.

It's only an advantage at a track like Talladega or Daytona.

No advantage at Los Vegas, but rules are rules.

Downforce is downforce. Even a 2% increase in downforce is a tremendous gain in the COT cars. Any race car at speed of over 100 mph is starting to play the downforce game whether at your local 1/2mile dirt track or at a high bank asphalt oval.

I agree with you Papa Grump.

I'd be curious to know Uncle Bill how you determined that there is no advantage at Los Vegas, but there is at 'Dega and Daytona? Do you work on the COT's or are you involved in wind tunnel testing on the cars?

Just curious.

down force plays a big factor at any track then can draft on.now at bristol i dont think it would be an advantage cause its kinda hard to draft there.

Originally Posted By: eyepatrol
I agree with you Papa Grump.

I'd be curious to know Uncle Bill how you determined that there is no advantage at Los Vegas, but there is at 'Dega and Daytona? Do you work on the COT's or are you involved in wind tunnel testing on the cars?

Just curious.

eb,

Quoting Phil Parsons with Dave Despain from

Wind Tunnel. (Speed TV, Monday night)

As for your second question:

Huh ?? Childish, adolescent humor at it's best.

I don't know if the downforce issue is just one at a plate track, though...downforce is huge at all tracks, but I think at some tracks, the air coming into the cockpit can play a bigger role. (tongue in cheek here), I think any track where you would be slowed down by the car being higher up in the air is where this type of infraction would potentially play a significant role in the downforce of the car. It's just one more place air can get trapped and push the car down toward the track.

Las Vegas is probably on the cusp of this issue. I would tend to agree that a track like bristol, richmond or martinsville it would have little, if any affect.

Oh well...we are going to see teams push the limit...it's part of the "game" that teams play to get that little bit of an advantage. We are just going to see more teams receive harsher penalties for even the minute infractions.

make a team sit out a race due to an infraction...THAT will make a huge impact.

Steve

Simply legit questions. Now, had you said "Phil Parsons with Dave Despain on Wind Tunnel said...." then that would have been different. However, you spoke as though you knew first hand that it didn't matter on tracks other than 'Dega and Daytona. And since you spoke as though you had first hand knowlege of this, I simply thought I'd ask how. Childish and adolescent....far from it, but if it makes ya feel better to say that..... \:\/

"there’s no argument that having the oil lid off creates more down force – possibly as much as 100 pounds – which provides an aerodynamic advantage.

NASCAR knows this because they have Edwards’ car in their possession and they’ve tested it."

As long as we are debating the absolute certainty that there is no advantage other than at Daytona or Dega, I find this quote from the news today interesting... This is in the yahoo sports section today if you want to find it, I'd post a link but that's not allowed... The story is about the penalty to Edwards and him keeping the win, but losing the ten points for the win in the chase.

Originally Posted By: lawdog
I never failed tech, but I do know I ran with plenty of guys that have and they've never kept their trophies or their points...

I knew that I was just using you guys as an example....