• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Edwards Fails Post Race Inspection

Sifty

I just read he failed post race inspection.

Not sure what this is but the oil box lid was missing.

Sounds like NASCAR took some parts for inspection.

Sounds like his points lead my be short lived.

Sifty

You beat me to it Sifty, I just read the same thing........as long as they let him keep the win so I don't lose any fantasy points grin.gif

It also looks like a couple other teams were fined as well this weekend. I guess the old saying is right......."if you ain't cheatin' you aint' tryin'" grin.gif

I think they said a few Nationwide Series cars had similar infractions a few weeks ago and they were docked 25 driver points and 25 owner points. I think that's what they are expecting Edwards and crew to get.

Originally Posted By: lawdog
Roush cheating again! Nothing new here!!!!! 100 points and 6 weeks boys...

You would have no way of knowing that.

NASCAR does not announce fines and point loss

untill Tuesday afternoon.

Let's not allow hatred and jealousy cloud

out truth and accuracy.

Carl Edwards' Sprint Cup victory in the UAW-Dodge 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway will stand, but he's likely to lose some of the driver and owner points he earned after NASCAR officials found "an issue" with his No. 99 Ford in post-race inspection late Sunday.

Oh and by the way, you might as well give Roush the cup right now. If they are just not going to penalize them when they let tires roll down pit road and then call their cheating not cheating when they get caught, its pretty obvious the fix is in for the blue oval boys this year...

there going to take them away, but there going to get more for the way there running there teams right now. I believe its not right. I think its weird how everyone talks about HMS and how there cheating all the time, well the tides have changed!!

I was doing paperwork (taxes) when the tire thing happened...what was that all about anyway? I think I remember hearing something about the tire rolling out of the box and back in?

Steve

Anyone have a photo of this oil tank lid? I'm curious how it allows 10% more downforce by allowing air to travel through the car. I'm assuming this lid is on the truck or above the rear bumper area?

I found this on yahoo sports about the oil resivour cap. I don't know why it give an arowdynamic advantage if it is in the car.

"Unlike conventional cars, where the oil is stored in the main engine compartment, Cup cars use a dry-sump system with the extra oil stored in a square steel reservoir tank behind the driver's seat.

Generally speaking, a missing lid would enable more air to flow into that area of the car, which, at speeds of nearly 200 mph, could provide a slight aerodynamic advantage and more power.

Source: Los Angeles Times"

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
It must be an advantage and even if it is not, its in the rules and others have been penalized also for this infraction.

Not doubting that. Just want to see what it looks like.