• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks Steve and Yakfisher

I have been following Dee Dee's thread with the alligator. Steve, you had mentioned that you could adjust the levels and get rid the blues, then Yakfisher talked about some images with snow being too hazy. After I read that the old lightbulb went off. I knew you could could change alot in levels but never put all the pieces together. Some of the images I have from Redwing in January were very foggy so I tried to get them better with levels. I think the results are much better. Thanks for the help.

Before

012708_Redwing_2790copy_1.jpg

After

012708_Redwing_2790copy.jpg

Before

012708_Redwing_2892copy_1.jpg

After

012708_Redwing_2892copy_1copy_1.jpg

Before

012708_Redwing_2832copy_2.jpg

After

012708_Redwing_2832levelscopy_1.jpg

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the help and the kind words.

Hey Yakfisher, I might be missing something simple but how did you come up with a name like Yakfisher? And did you ever get your SB800 to work off camera?

Sure Steve, or I like to fish from my Kayak \:\)

I sure did get the flash working off camera. You must have missed my salute to you. Here it is again, taken with my D50 and the SB-800 off camera and dialed way down.

DSC_0001.jpg

I did get the salute, but again, didn't put 2 and 2 together. I'm going to have to get better at my math. I'm glad it worked out. I think I'll go have one of those now.

But I did get that you fish from a kayak. That does make perfect sense.

Thanks

Mike

Here's some more messing with the color levels. As you can see from the original picture the shot is quite hazy, So I thought I'd see what I could do with it. Somehow I ended up with this, I did it early this morning after a short night so I'm not quite sure what I did. I figure I haven't really learned something until I am able to repeat it at least once. Oh well, let me know what you think.

Original

ny.jpg

Reworked shot

Old-NY.jpg

Yak, that's a great shot but I think the reworked shot has too much of a green cast to it. I had that too when I worked on the blue. I had to go in and work the green levels to get rid of that. It did get rid of some of the haze though. It's all a lot to learn isn't it.

Thanks

Mike

I was kinda going for that old worn look actually. I even added some of the green to it from what I can remember. Sort of a faded out sepia tone or something along those lines. The first shot was so hazy that there really wasn't too much I felt I could do with it. I was just messing around with the color sliders.

I know what you mean about the greens though I had to adjust those as well, on top of that my dog was also in the photo and with her coat I had to tweak the reds too. Thanks for the comments.