• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A few eagles from the weekend...

pickinupafew, you gotta give credit to yourself, too, not just the eagle. Sooner or later if you're out there long enough you get lucky, and a wild critter comes right up to you or allows you to get close to it.

Doesn't happen often at all, but when it does, you have to have a cool enough head to get excellent shots for that time, usually very brief, the animal allows you to stay close.

Good job!

Full story...

Hiked up and down the river looking for the eagles that day. After about 2 hours without a sighting I decided to chalk it up as just a nice day to be outside. Got in my truck and headed home. On the way home, I turned a corner and one of two eagles perched in the tree took off and caught my eye. The other one stayed put.

My first response, "You gotta be kidding me" after all that walking. I rolled down the window and started shooting as I continued to inch closer in the truck. After many shots, I figured I would attempt to get out of the truck for a better angle... away the bird flew.

Being in the right place at the right time definitely gives a person a greater opportunity for success... but lady luck sometimes shines her smile on us from time to time.

Thanks again for the comments.

Originally Posted By: pickinupafew
I figured I would attempt to get out of the truck for a better angle... away the bird flew.

So, where is the eagle in flight shot? grin.gif That is very impressive for just 200mm. There are times I've wished for 600mm.