• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flip Shelter Modifactions...... What have you done?

riverboy

Hey guys I just purchased my first fish trap scout. Ive been wanting one for years!!! I took my time and researched the products(Rovers, Frabills, Otters, etc.) before I purchase mine and I felt the fish trap scout was the perfect size and the best style for the type of fishing I do.

After placing my gear in the sled I see that alot of stuff may slide around. What are some modifcations you guys have done to secure heaters, minnow buckets, Rods, Gaff, Tackle Boxes, Beer, Etc. Etc. Bungie cords? Foam bottoms? wood dividers?

What about the seat? Anyone installed a swivel plate or make any mod's to the new style seat? I think a swivel seat would make it easier to grab something behind you.

Im working on a beer holder as well!! Cant be spilling those tasty treats!!!

Thanks for the input and ideas!

First I put a thin rubber matt on the floor, it holds everything in place, no slipping around. I also mounted a swivel boat seat in it. I then sewed hockey skate laces with sand in them to the apron. Holds it snug on ice/snow. Screwed in 2 I bolts on the top bar and hang lights, rags etc on them. Also Im working on thin PVC mounted in the tub to hold rods. I like the back rack to put tackle boxes and coffee thermos. I also carry my minnows in a snap lock cooler so there is no leeks. Also the tub mount rock n reel is a must! I also like the standard r&r.

I have a Fish Trap Pro and I added some protective rods holders. The rods can be strapped in and they are not going anywhere and I don't need to worry about them getting busted up. I can also switch rods real easy and it saves a little space. I also put in a carpeted shelf next to me for my tackle box and a place to put bait containors, pliers, etc. I also have extra rod storage underneath my seat where I can store about 6-8 rods. So I can store a total of 8-10 rods without worrying about any of them getting broken and they are all easily accessible whenever needed. I also a measurring stick on the front edge of the sled. And some decals on the outside smile.gif

I would like to add a lighting system of some kind but that isn't something I have to have at the moment.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
MarCum