• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

satellite in permanent

Kaz

Chad: Just be sure to have it on the southern expoisure and low enough to keep it from a lot of wind buffeting. Direction is 182 degrees from true north and an elevation of 37 degeees from level. You probably know these numbers, but if not, here they are. I find it is easier to aim the dish, if you can see the signal strength meter, on the screen while you are pointing the dish. You will have to go through this every time you move the house. You'll need a better compass then comes with the dish setup. ....Kaz

Heading up to Isle to work on the permanent this weekend in hopes of installing satellite tv in my permanent. Any tips and/or advice from permanent owners with satellite on Mille Lacs, or anywhere for that matter, would be appreciated. I am sure there are several pitfalls that I have not thought about yet. Thanks.

Kaz -

Thank for the info on both of my posts (lake of the woods forum as well.) Good tips, I had put my dish on last weekend already and I didn't think about the wind so I am sure it is too high. I noticed in 'dead lot' storage that most people only have them about 1/2 the way up the house, this makes more sense in terms of wind and signal finding. Thanks again.

Chadice