• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Vet retired - Need a recomondation in La Crosse area

settersit

Come on there has to be someone who has a hunting dog in the LAX area that has a favorite vet. If you dont't want to say on the board PM me. I don't want to play roulete in the phone book to get an appointment for my baby.

Drive all the way accross the metro to get to a vet that I trust. About an hour and a quarter (give or take the quarter depending on traffic). Can't be that much farther from you to Inver Grove Heights. Another 20 mins or so puts you to Fran Smith in Burnsville. Labs4me with good reason reccommends her and I am ready to switch if my vet ever dissappoints me.

Setter, I can give you the names of two that I have used briefly. Briefly, not because they were bad but I moved away from the area.

My folks took my lab when I went to CO for elk this fall and while I was gone my mom got worried when the pup got real loose stools. She took her in to LaCrescent Animal Care, in LaCrescent and although she it was just a change in diet, the vet did a good job helping my mom out. I have friends down there that use this vet and they seem to be satisified.

When I was a kid, the vet we always used for various critters was Hillside Animal Hospital, Hwy 33 just east of LaCrosse. Good experiences with them but this was about 8 years ago.

If I was to move back I would start with these two. Not alot of info for you put a starting point perhaps.