• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Training log?

jeff042479

Does anybody keep a training log when they get a new puppy? I have been reading Julie Knutson's book and it talks about factors that have affects on training. I was just wondering if anyone has kept track of such data while training and if so, what format you may have used for tracking this. I get my puppy in May and this is what I think about to pass the time.

If you have the time to do it I think it would be great to have.

There is software out there that can do this...otherwise just a daily written journal could be fine.

You could check out: The Gun Dog Training Journal

Most of your Pro's will keeep a log of each dog on their truck. Mine does it with a written log after each day of training.

It is a good idea to make notes of the good things as well as the bad in order to work on those points.

GOOD LUCK with your new friend!!!!