• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humane Society Labs

icehousebob

The news last night told of a Lab breeder whose operation got too big and out of hand. In the last couple of weeks, he has turned over about a hundred Labs to the Hennepin Co. Humane Society in Golden Valley. The film showed Labs of all colors and ages. They didn't look to be abused or starved, and the society is going to need lots of good homes.

If you're interested, their number is 763-489-2201.

Hey Soldier Girl, Welcome to Fishing Minnesota and thanks for serving our country. I agree about the AKC papers, most dogs can't read them anyway. And I think the Humane Society has a policy that all dogs adopted out have to be spayed or neutered, so breeding isn't a big concern.

There have been comments about the irrespnsible breeder ending up with this many dogs. That's probably true, but right now the concern should be for the dogs and finding them homes. I'm guessing that with that many dogs, they didn't get a lot of indiviual human contact and may need special attention, but on the other hand, they were't physically abused either, so they shouldn't have any problems in that area. When my brother's hunting dog had 10 pups, he hired two little neighbor girls to come over every day for a couple hours and play with the pups. The girls thought they had the best job in the world, getting payed to play with puppies.

CW... you are correct! A crying shame! And more solidifcation to your arguments on how the inherited disorders are so prevelant in Labs... there is way too much of this going around!!!!

If I heard correctly, This isn't the 1st time this guy's been busted for this...

Good Luck!

Ken