• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO/FM Photo Club assignment ideas

Hey gang:

Here's the place for ideas for the upcoming monthly HSO/FM Photo Club monthly assignments.

So far we have.

1. Church steeples from Paul

2. April showers from FishOn

3. May flowers from FishOn

4. Independence Day patriotism from stfcatfish

5. Go 100 feet out your door and shoot something from MMeyer

6. Hands, self portrait, people, water, family, also added as possible topics by MMeyer.

C'mon, everyone, let the good ideas roll! And remember to try to make them ideas that anyone with a camera can accomplish. This is all in the spirit of teaching, learning and fun. grin.gifgrin.gif

trains, planes and automobiles.

I say limit each person to their 3 favorite shots of the subject. I know that may be hard but 3 maybe 5 but no more. Or are we just looking for one?

Parades.

Water Activities

Community Pride

Archticure

Bugs

Rodents

Something Red, Blue, Etc. Something that has a majority of one parcticular color.

Statues

Somthing abstract

Something floating in Water. Oil, bugs, flowers, etc.

I could go on for an hour.

Originally Posted By: polarsusd81
Deffinately have to have a month of silhouettes, and another I have been thinking of for a while...street signs. Maybe a month in the summer of some sports shots, but keep DBL and Finnbay out of that one ;\)

Awwwwh come on, it might be the only thing I would possibly do well on.

Originally Posted By: MARINERMAGNUM
I think that one everyone could get is a night shot in town with some lit up buildings or streaking car headlights,street lights.

I posted this cuz I need to work on my night exposures. grin.gif

County or state fair pics. are always cool in the summer too.

Too bad that we have to post the pics from current month, I have some really cool shots from a while back from ground zero with streaking headlights a few years back. I have them framed at the shack here. I will post em up in a different thread, thanks for the reminder.

Edit - going to have to do some searching. I shot those while on a work trip and saved them on the old work computer. I know I have them backed up on disk somewhere, but finding that particular disk might be tough. I hope I can find em.

How about some simple animal shots like

small birds

Raptors,

Squirles,

amd maybe some general ones like

Landscapes,

lakes,

portraits,

oh ya and those moving water shots that look like glass,

I've always wondered how to do those.

Yeah, but coming up with the fundage for a impromptu trip to Times Square and Ground Zero isn't the easiest thing to do. Though I do have enough world perks miles to make the trip, and I wouldn't need a hotel cause I would spend the whole night shooting. Hmmm...maybe a trip isn't such a bad idea.

I am really bummed that I lost those photos, I spent 24 hours in NYC and shot a ton of photos. I was there on the very last day of the Gates exhibit and got some really cool shots of that in Central Park, saw Statue of Liberty, Grand Central, the NY Public Library, a lot of small bars \:\) the Empire State Building, Times Square, Ground Zero and much of the financial district. Would be a tough 24 to repeat. I put some miles on the footmobiles that day.

Okay...so I have to make this post about the assignment ideas...how about cars/trucks/boats/airplanes/bicycles/city buses? Current modes of transportation. Anybody can do it and we could have some interesting results.