• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawnmower pull cord replacement problem

_FearNoFish4:20_

I have a johndeere 14se basically a kowasaki. recently the pullcord went bad and I replaced the cord but now when I place the cover bad on the clutch wheel and pull the cord it wont pull out and stops like a foot after I pull it. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Do i have to wind the cluch in some fashion? Help please!

No I just wound the rope on by hand. The cover comes off where the cord is inside of it. I reqond it by hand.What are you talking about exactly when you mention win and put tension on the spring? If you could explain a little more it would help. I dont know if it matters but the mower is a walk behind.

Sometimes depending on the type of rewind, you have to wind the tension spring backwards 4-5 times and then let the spooled tension pull the rope back in to the rewind housing.

You should be able to twist the pulley wheel one way or the other a few times around, and let it go. If it spins, you'll know there is a tension spring that needs to be wound.

There might be a small notch in the rope housing (pulley wheel) where you can tuck the rope in, wind it, and then pull it back out the hole to the outside of the housing.