• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vista Cam vs. Aqua Vu vs. OVS?

Pharcta2

You may want to wait for that VS560, it sounds like it has some features that will be very useful (Paul's link to the discussion on that). I definitely plan to take a look at it. My biggest gripe about some of the other brands is camera control. Knowing which way your pointing and being able to control the camera direction is worth a lot to me. OVS seems to be the leader in that area and this new design sounds like a huge step forward.

Atlantis came out with a panning cam last year. It had a 320 degree field of rotation and was controlled remotely. That being said, due to the way the Atlantis cams are set up, the OVS will far exceed the "useability" of the Atlantis.
Can't wait to try one out, sounds like Marcum is really pushing to be the best, not only in underwater cameras, but the flasher market as well.

I see the camera your talking about Tom... Looks pretty sweet, but not cheap @ $999.. I didn't realize that Atlantis had one on the market. The panning camera sure seems like the way to go. I'm anxious to see what OVS comes up with in the 560.

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 10-29-2003).]

I've used both OVS and Aqua-Vu in the past. Both are good cameras but I prefer the OVS. The OVS 500 is a great camera. With the rotational feature adding to the list of great qualities.

The OVS 500 provides on-screen displays that show lighting options, battery status and the direction the camera is facing, no matter how the monitor is positioned! The OVS 500 is the first underwater system to offer this remarkable advantage. In addition, the OVS 500 has a new motorized ice arm that can steer the camera up to 360 degrees from up to 15 feet away! Other features include: a 5-inch high-resolution, black & white monitor; a Sony-component camera; and an infrared and multicolor underwater lighting systems.

Check out the MarCum site:

www.marcum.com

We have also talked a lot about this in the past. Here's a list from a previous post:

VS500 Info:
The OVS500 integrated, easy-to-use system is truly the next generation in underwater viewing.

The VS 500 provides on-screen displays that show lighting options, battery status and the direction the camera is facing, no matter how the monitor is positioned!

They're the first underwater system to offer this remarkable advantage.

In addition, they have developed a new motorized ice arm that can steer the camera up to 360 degrees from up to 15 feet away!

FEATURES:
NEW! Clear-Vu 5" B&W monitor
Waterproof shock resistant camera housing
Dual-coated, scratch resistant, shatterproof Lucite® camera lens
High quality detachable Sony camera (low-lux, high-resolution)
Your choice of a 60 foot or 100 foot cable (systems sold with one or the other, see top of package for details)

Multi-Vu Underwater Lighting System
Legal in all 50 states
Leading edge LED technology
Both infrared and high intensity LEDs for low-light or murky water viewing
Three lighting options: 1. Off, no light source for daytime viewing. 2. IR-VU, Infrared LED's for non-visible light source. 3. HI-VU, six visible ultra-high intensity multicolored LED's for maximum visibility.

All the accessory equipment
Completely enclosed, weather-resistant zippered Soft pack with collapsible (telescoping) viewing shroud.
7 amp, 12 volt sealed lead acid battery
600 ma battery charger with charge alert
EXCLUSIVE! Motorized ice arm
Reversible Fin & Weight (for open water stability)
"Waterblock System" (designed to seal camera)

I hope this helps. Feel free to drop me an e-mail with any questions.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 10-28-2003).]