• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

heater size?

DCON

I am building a 10 x 20 permanent house on MilleLacs and was wondering what size heater to put in it. I am looking at a direct vent style, and was guessing a 50,000 btu would be fine, any suggestions? Any other ideas you guys have would be appreciated, floor insulation?? THANKS

Being that your house is going to be so large, you may want to put two 15,000 btu heaters in it instead. That way if its only a couple people you could keep one end warmer and if its got people on both ends you can run both of them. If you insulate the house well, you won't need more than 30,000, 50,000 might be overkill. Hope you enjoy your house. If you can, post some pictures, I'd love to see it.

Fisherdog