• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some of my recent photography ...

I thought I'd share a few of my recent photos.

2235216791_22be7fa05f.jpg

from my flickr account

Captured in a moment when he looked off at the umbrella.

Taken with a Nikon D80.

* Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250) [+]

* Aperture: f/1.4 [+]

* Focal Length: 85 mm [+]

* ISO Speed: 100 [+]

Strobist info: SB-800 on TTL into 43" Wescott umbrella at camera left and above. SB-600 TTL -0.7EV Behind and above Brent hitting hair for hair light. Fluorescent 5000k Strip lights with 2 bulbs in each one / 4' long. One on each side of him for some side light. 2x3' white posterboard for fill camera right.

So I setup my second flash the SB-800 tonight and tried some shots of Brent. While I really liked the detail in some shot at f/8.0 This pose that I shot at f/1.4 I ended up liking the best. A more creamy/dreamy soft focus shot where only his eyes are in good focus.

2225287318_ab12c8ed92.jpg

from my flickr account

2186793362_cf12f98f93.jpg

from my flickr account

Camera: Nikon D80

Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)

Aperture: f/10

Focal Length: 31 mm

ISO Speed: 200

Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

Filter: Circular polarizer

I'm posting this in the middle of winter, remembering back to those beautiful days of spring. This was a beautiful Sabbath afternoon. The grass was green and lush. We had a wonderful blue sky overhead. The air held the beginnings of warmth that spring brings.

2160484081_13d880cb98.jpg

from my flickr account

Camera: Nikon D80

Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)

Aperture: f/4

Focal Length: 85 mm

ISO Speed: 320

Strobist: SB-600 at 1/2 power into 43" wescott white satin umbrella. At 10 oclock from her (camera left and behind) up high pointed down for soft hair light. 2 strip lights each containing 2 40 watt 48" 5000k full spectrum fluorescent bulbs at approximately 7 oclock and 5 oclock. 6' foot tall V card made out of white 1 1/2" foam board at camera right and slight back from her.

Shot at 1/60th to keep color temp matched due to 60hz power frequency. With the 85 mm lens this actually I think introduced some lens shake.

Processing: Adobe Lightroom only. Blemish, curves, levels etc.

So, while Becky was at work, I went to Menards and picked up the lights and foam board. After school board meeting tonight, I set up things and photographed her a few times. I love this technique. The catchlights make interesting appearances in the eyes.

Nice work. The last one, is that a technique by a photographer called Chris who lives in the metro area. I have a lighting book written by him and really like it --

I didn[t know you could buy foam board at Menards, either. Home stores are fun for finding DIY modifiers.