• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Mods have you made to your portable?

NotoriousBLM

Wow...Thanks guys for the fast replies. I will checkout all of the great info you have provided. It is a blessing to see so many people who love the sport as much as I, Sometimes thought I was a little Wierd LOL. Keep the ice off the bobbers.........Frosty

I can SMELL the ice forming on the local lakes, guys!! Won't be long now....

I've got a Fishtrap Voyageur coming first week of Dec. and need more ideas for mods guys! Keep 'em coming - anyone have pics to post of their rigs? Wanna show off your masterpiece? I'm going to AZ for work next week, but all I'll be able to think about is ICE. smile.gif

~Blaze

does anyone have pics or descriptions of rod storage that they have put into their portables? I have the new HT tackle storage bag - it's great, I have 8 combos in their with ease. But, when you get out onto the ice and take a few rods out, then start to move around, you don't feel like putting them back into the case, and you don't want them flopping around in the tub. I have an older fishtrap, doesn't have the rod storage underneath the seat like the new scout and pro do (next year!!) Anyone have any ideas?

I have an Otter Resort and to reduce clutter and organize my stuff I built a plywood insert that is as long and half as wide as the sled. The dimensions of the insert allow it to fit snugly in the sled, and it does not move around. Also, since it is half the width, my heater, auger and other micelleneous items fit perfectly in the other half of the sled.

It is made of 2x2's and 1/4" Plywood, and is lined with 2" rigid foam insulation. On each end, I have mounted old boat seats. Then the center of the insert has one large hinged door. Inside of the isnert I have mounted 6 PVC tubes, 3 on each side, each holds a rod, and a mini bungee cord keeps them secured.

All told, I believe the materials were maybe 50-60 bucks, and it was well worth the investment....

Try to dig up a copy of the In-Fisherman 2001 Ice Guide. In there you will find a very good section on modifications to "Trap Style" portables.

The article is called "Super Shacks" and covers a bunch of nifty tips and tricks. It has some great illustrations that should serve you well in adapting your own ideas.

The In-Fisherman Ice-Guide is a winner for seasonal trends, tips and tricks, and whats new and improved for the ice type information. Well worth picking up at the store. That's if they are not all sold out already.

------------------
BACKWATER GUIDING
701-281-2300
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>