• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

thorne brothers dead stick rod

fishing addict

I have a 30". I get good use from it. My wife got if for me for Christmas last year, but I probably wouldn't have bought it on my own. Same thing as a float but basically you don't have to mess with bobber stops, floats, etc. Just tie on your jig an you are good to go.

Thorne Bros makes a nice deadstick. If you can spend the extra money then give it a try.

I've done a lot of deadsticking with noodle rods in the past as well. Very flimsy rod tip and even the slightest bite causes it to move.

I picked up a deadstick rod that was on display at the FishingMN booth at last years St. Paul sports show. It got busted (we won't talk about it) and can't recall the name. I think it was Croxton Pond but I'm not positive. A great rod and I plan on getting another one this year.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

I've got a Thorne Bros dead stick and they are very sensitive but very tough to get a good hook set into a nice fish. Especially from any real depth. Get a **** good rod holder and case for it too. I wouldn't buy another one though just because of the hook set losses.

Don't count them out that quick.
When your fishing crappie they can't be beat.
When the fish show up on the Vexlar you can bring your bait right to it. You don't have to bend down and adjust you bobber stop, just reel up or let line out. And when the bite is light you'll see them hit alot better than you can with a bobber. I use one dead stick and one slip bobber rig.