• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meyers Minnows in Gheen, MN???

mjhowe

Anybody know this place? Some folks I knew bought this place about 4 years ago and I am trying to figure out where Gheen is so I can maybe try to swing thru there this year on my trip east. Where abouts in the great state of MN is Gheen (Orr area)?

Thanks,

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

Gheen is between the city of Cook and Orr on hiway 53. Take a left (if traveling northbound on 53) on St. Louis County #74. I think the place you are lookng for is on the corner of #53 and #74. on the east side. Hope this helps.

"walleyes" is correct on the location , I drive by it all the time when I head North to fish. There are 2 building in that spot it's sort of gas /convenience/bait store.Just look for the neon "minnow" sign you can't miss it . My father in law made that neon sign many many many years ago when he was in the sign business. My wife and I mention it every time we drive by.

So, we are talking Iron Range/Lake Vermilion country?? What are the chances of mid december ice around there? Any decent small lakes that will be fishable by then or are we talking the big lakes only around there?

I would like to head there after the St Paul show, any suggestions on resorts around there? I know, cant rely on the weather but if we get into winter early this year I want to be prepared to take advantage of it!!

Thanks for the replies, it helped me to pin it down!

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)