• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A fun idea...

So I have been toying with an idea for quite a while now. I used to have a part time job at a Target photo lab just to learn a little bit more about the process of developing photos. While working there, I dealt with a ton of disposable cameras. I noticed a particular trend in them, seeing that most obviously work well in good bright light, and in low light situations, you are pretty much better off not clicking the shutter. I want to take a disposable camera out this weekend and see if I can take a roll of good photos with it. I am hoping for good results, and with seeing plenty of photos shot with disposables, I kinda know what will produce as I expect. When I get them back, I will post up and let everyone know what happens.

Have any of you guys and gals ever tried something like this?

Tom

Yes, I did a couple of years ago. I bought one of those cheapo fixed lens film cameras when I went to New York. I liked that you just dropped off the film and hoped for the best -- no downloading to the PC and endless tweaking. I didn't get a lot of good shots but a few I was happy with.

Good fun to do something different.

Oh, I also bought a disposable black and white and took that to the local fair -- not many turned out but there were a couple I liked.

I always carry one in my tackle box and my glove box. The one in my tackle box is water proof and I use it for musky pics or large walleye pics. The one in my glove box is my insurance policy for accidents. Once when my Dad was hit by another motorist, they guy tired to say there was way more damage that there was on his car and it was my Dad's fault. Thanks to my Dad having a disposable camera in the Glove box, he got photo's of the damage as soon as he got out and pics of his plates and driver to prove the other guy at fault. I guess the pic of the 12 pack in his front seat did not help him either.