• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund 2010 Pro Guide

Walleye71

Looking at boats, seriously considering getting the 2010. Anybody have any opinions on it?

My buddy has one and I really liked it. I'm looking to get the 175 Opti on it. Also looking the Ranger 620t but they want so much money for those.

Thanks,

I looked at the 2010 Pro Guide last year as well as the Ranger 620T. I ended up with a Yar Craft 2095BT. The Yar Craft rides better than both the Ranger and Yar Craft in my opinion and is much cheaper than the Ranger. You will spend a few thousand dollars more for the Yar Craft, as compared to the Lund but it will be a much smoother and drier ride being a Fiberglass boat. Also, you have several different motor choices with the Yar Craft, whereas with the Lund you have to get a Mercury Opti Max at this point, which is a good motor, but is fairly loud compared to a 4 stroke motor like a Yamaha. I know several guys that run the Lund and they like it for the most part. It goes about 50 or so with the 175 opti Max on it. Only draw back is it is a little rough riding and wet compared to the Ranger and Yar Craft. I believe Steve Fellegy has his 2010 for sale right now for a reasonable price all rigged up and ready to go. I would also take a look at a Yar Craft before you buy anything you won't be disappointed.

I hope that Lund comes out with a fiberglass tiller. I think Lund has the best layout on the market but I'm now convinced Aluminum isn't the way to go. There was good insight in the Ranger/yarcraft/warrior topic.

I talked to Ted, Perry, Rapid Sport, Roach and they were all tight lipped about a fiberglass tiller from Lund.

I do like the 2010 the best of all the tillers as far as layout but we did take a beating in that boat on Mille Lacs last year when there was more than 2.5 footers. The boat only weighs 1400 pounds. it needs another 400 to 500 pounds in its shorts. Also Lund wimped out by not having the same hull thickness on that boat as what the PRO-V have. The Pro-V has second layer of .100 thick aluminum from the mid ship to the bow. The Guide only has .080. That's 100 pound right there and would have helped the ride.

Lund is very tight lipped about any info on a tiller. They were like that at the boat show, About all I could get out of everyone down there "is Lund is being pushed very hard for a tiller boat in glass".

Maybe we'll here more in July.