• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Stealth Auger

iffwalleyes

Have any of you guys used one of the stealths yet? I have been thinking about replacing my old jiffy. Do the addition two little blades add much or don't they really do much? I know I will get a jiffy but I am not sure if I will get a Ledgend, Thunderbolt, or the Stealth. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

I used one last year, 8" size.... works like a dream. Excellent choice!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

I bought a 9" Legend Stealth last year and it is a great auger. We used to bring along two or three augers, but now only one. It cuts fast and smooth. Everyone that uses it I have to tell to lift it up as it cuts. It actually cuts so much that it occasionally binds if you are pushing down like with other augers. I also love the 9" hole. Seems the perfect size. Easier to hit the holes in the big fishhouse, works great with my igloo tip-ups, and don't have to worry about my Vexilar falling into the hole. (have seen that happen in a 10" hole) I also have the 3hp which adds a little weight but if I was buying a new one I would buy the exact same one again.

How to start a Jiffy....
Bring choke to full.
Pump gas once and let off.
Pull till she "pops" and then dies.
Take choke off.
Pull again... starts and runs every time!
Let it run with out pumping the gas for 30 seconds... then start working rpms up to a full throttle.
At full throttle, start your hole. Do not push down on the auger... rather, let it cut at its own rate from the auger's weight.
Do not "pump" the gas, keep a full throttle. She'll go all the way and not bog-down this way.
At the very end of the cut as the tip goes through... keep rpms up and lift the auger out... it will bring 99% of the shaved ice with some of the water out of the hole. Easy to dip the remaining slush.
I have used my Jiffy to drill as many as 40 holes in a row (at annual fishing contests), The Jiffy Stealth is a FAST cut.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Jiffy Stealth is the way to go ! Just let the machine do the work, No need to lean on this baby !! Hold the throttle wide open and let her rip !! I love how the Stealth brings most of the ice out of the hole when you back it out.

Otter II - Jiffy Stealth - Vexlar FL - Polaris - GPS - Fish-n equipment - coffee - sandwich - Bio-Bait and seven inches of ice !!! Won't be long !!!

Come on Ice !!!

Rich (Smitty)
Pro Staff Director
Catch-N Tackle
Bio-Bait