• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Chew toys for POWERFUL chewers.

Speilman54

I have a 1.5yo yellow lab who chews through everything. She's fine cause she only chews on what we give her, but so far she is yet to meet her match. She's gone through rawhides, Red Kongs, Black Kongs, Several Nylabones which she gnaws down into nice sharp prison shanks. I thought I had the answer with the cattle shin bones (hard as rock, cheap, last for a while). But now we go to the vet and she has a broken back tooth. What's next? Also, anyone deal with broken teeth much? It doesn't seem to bother her, and the doc wants $600+ to remove it, or I'm told I can get her a $1000+ root canal??---Are you kidding me??

The best thing that I have found are the extra large nylabones... My Griffon loves them and they do last longer than anything else that I have found... Breaking teeth, wow that is amazing! Hopefully you dog will slow down a bit with age....

$600 dollars? I think I had a dog's tooth removed 2 years ago for around $100... and most of that was sedation!

I think you'd be cheaper off going to a human dentist. Call a couple other vets and get a price.

Good Luck!

Ken

Does she chew on other stuff if she doesnt have a bone? I know that it is good for the teeth but what I have done is give them something to chew for a limit time. My thought is then they don't see it as they have to finish it off...my 2 cents

fishing buddy

Thanks for the advice all, yes, we're looking for second opinions for the tooth removal, I haven't spent that much on my teeth, maybe I will ask my dentist! The nylabones do work ok, I'll look for the biggest I can find. Yeah, she doesn't chew on other stuff, but she's kind of a pest without some entertainment. I know, I should give her more exercise, but when it's zero outside, I seem to lose ambition! Thanks for the help all!