• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Performance anxiety ...

I haven't felt that way on the back end, Cheryl, though I occasionally doubt myself and my abilities BEFORE a shoot. I understand completely what you're going through. This used to happen to me especially when I started shooting weddings and would go into the bride's prep room the morning of the ceremony to shoot candids of her and her party dressing and making themselves ready. Delicate situation, that. grin.gif

When it happens now (not too often anymore, but sometimes), I just give myself a mental kick in the backside to knock it off. I say to myself: Self, if you aren't confident you can please your client, you're asking to not please your client, so just shut up and shoot.

So far that's worked every time. Not that such an approach would work for everyone. Different photographers need different pep talks. And based on the fine work I've seen you post here, I think you have little to worry about. grin.gifgrin.gif

Well, I had a look and they're OK, nothing fabulous, but OK and not too much post processing needed to salvage something, so that's good.

it involved a group of 20 and I'm not that experienced in managing groups but I did get them posed nicely. When it came to taking the shots, I kind of blanked out so I relied on something you posted once about putting the camera in P mode. So I did, I had to dial in some flash compensation and take a few more but it worked out okay.

And no blinkers -- I'm pleased with that! LOL.

No blinkers? Good for you!

The only way I've been able to avoid blinkers is to flash them all something naughty!

Only thing worse than blinkers is three-year-olds being forced to pose by mom and dad. Man, if there's ever a thing guaranteed to get young children to screw up their faces and cry, that's it! grin.gifgrin.gif

Glad you got usable images. I'm sure the clients will be happy.

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
No blinkers? Good for you!

The only way I've been able to avoid blinkers is to flash them all something naughty!

LOL!

P.S. On further review, my pictures suck and I think I better stay away from them until tomorrow.