• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

garden weeds

BK19

every year our garden has weeds and weeds really tall ones they come every year i till it and plant the garden but the weeds overtake everything and fast too any ideas

Originally Posted By: glenn57
im not an expert but try preen. read directions carefully first. i use it and it prevents seeds from germinating. thats the key, make sure all your seeds you planted are up first.

Make sure the preen is rated for food products.

There's many many things you could use to stop the weeds, but very very few are rated to be used with food products.

sparcebag, i do use a hoe. i like the preen to control weeds in mass quantities and hoe for the stranglers and to loosen the ground a tad. sometimes ya need to cheat with work and playing on weekends. im not retired yet. hehe. have a good one.

I have to admit I do use it in my strawberries and later in the growing season.but where I plant seeds or plan to I wont use it.I think it has about a 6 month effective period which could harm my spring seeding.Does it go dormant in the winter or does the cold stop its effect till warm weather?? I guess thats a question for a chemist.

Glen57 when your down this June contact me we'll get some fishes.you cant be more than 10-12 miles from me.

sparcebag, that sounds like a plan. my wife and i have a permanent site camper at old wagon campground. we start going out there when he turns water on about fierst part of may. heck, we will be out there this weekend to do some fishing. maybe florida sat am. and long in the pm. hear tell its dead now. id really like to hook this summer. keep in touch.

I used the preen and green for vegetables last year and hated the stuff. Every time I used it my garden looked bad. It did not seem to reduce the amount of weeds that were growing either. The best thing I found for weed problems is using cut grass clippings on top of the soil in the garden.