• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to devils Lake

Thinking about heading out to Devils Lake this weekend i am new to the lake and was looking for some advice. where is a good place to access the lake with good fishing close by. Also how have the ice conditions been? is there any parts of the lake ie. springs or areas i should know about when driving out if conditions permit. Any tips on where to find fish on this big lake or what i should look for such as depths or structure would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a fishing report from the Grand Forks Herald:

Quote:
According to the most recent report from Ed's Bait Shop, perch fishing has been sporadic - good some days, but no real pattern. On the plus side, many of the perch are in the 10- to 12-inch range. Best action is in 30 to as deep as 45 feet of water; some of the better areas, the report says, include the north end of Creel Bay, the north end of Six-Mile Bay, the Dome House/Towers area, Swanson's Point, the flats near Grahams Island and Oswalds Bay. Small jigs or spoons tipped waxworms or minnow heads have been working best.

Walleye action is best mornings and evenings near the trees or around deeper rock structure. Expect lots of smaller fish with the occasional larger walleye. Spots worth trying, the report says, include the Fort Totten and Cactus Point areas, the north end of Six-Mile Bay, Rocky and Military points and the Minnewaukan Flats.

For pike, the north end of Creel and Six-Mile bays and Wolfords Bay on Devils Lake

marine_man

Percheyes does a nice job out of Minnewaukan. Jason has won the pwt a couple times on Devils Lake. Just my $.02. I'm part of a group that's fished up there the last couple winters. Seems like something is usually biting...especially pike.