• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A sigh of relief!!!

BLACKJACK

My four year old lab had been gimping around for about ten days after a long, hard pheasant hunt on 12/9, limping badly on her right rear leg, so yesterday I took her into the vet to get her checked out. I was thinking the worst - hip dysplasia - but it turned out after a lot of poking and prodding and pulling on joints that she's just got sore toes!!! Phew, what a relief!!!! No hunting for 10 days, which ends her season, some antibiotics, and rymidayl for pain and she should be good as new.

Now my old 11 year old lab gets the call, I was going to keep her home and out of the snow and cold for the rest of the year, shes gimping on two legs (bad shoulder and bad back leg joint) but hey theres still pheasants to track down, she's still a he11 of a pheasant dog. Thats the downside sometimes of having two dogs, sometimes the younger one dominates the older one - but it sure is nice having two when one is on medical leave!!

Taking the afternoon off to go after some birds, last chance until after the 25th.

Blown knees are no fun either. Good news though. Give me a shout if you need more dog power. Going to base out my ma's on Norway for bow hunting through X-mas. Got the hounds along for some afternoon rooties if I get bored. Maybe I can teach you something similar to the crappie snap. cool.gif

Bryce, are you available Christmas morning? I'm at the inlaws in Wisc over the weekend, and on the 24th I'll be eating a big batch of lutefisk at my folks, but on Christmas morning I'll be out for a couple of hours just to work off the lutefisk! I'm only 8 miles away from Norway lake....

Thanks Labs. Had some luck, got one purely by good dog work, she circled back and really worked it out, you could almost see her determination 'I know theres one in here'. And luckily I hit it. smile.gif Saw lots of birds, could have shot 30 hens, the only other roosters I saw were at that 60-70 yard range. So close and yet so far! Was nice to get out.