• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mounting Bracket

I have a Nikon 70-300 VR lens that is pretty heavy, especially when fully extended, and I am wondering if any of you know if there is a mounting bracket out there that will screw into the base of the camera and then extend forward under the lens and mount to a tripod. This would be similar to the brackets that are built into some of the longer, heavier lenses out there. My camera with that lens is very front heavy and I get a little slippage from the tripod when I try to lock it in for the shot. I have picked up a different tripod with a micro ball head, but I am afraid that I still may need this feature so that the whole system is more stable and less front heavy. Any ideas or help would be great. Thanks

yak, check with Nikon and see if they make an aftermarket tripod ring for that lens. I don't know about Nikon, but with Canon, most lenses not in their top L series don't come with tripod rings, but Canon sells those tripod rings to fit a variety of different lenses.