• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garbage dumpster's?

Ozzy169

Here's my concern. When pulling off the lake last night I saw a dumpster that was overflowing with trash at a public access. 2 Things!! #1 Who's in charge of emptying the dumpster? #2 Why can't people relize that it's full!! No more will go in the dumpster. Take it home with you!! These people might as well just left your trash on the ice because of the winds lately, it was blowing all over!!

------------------
Get 'er done

Where were you? If it was a public landing, I would think it would be the city where the lake is, that would be responsible. But I do agree with you about the trash.

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

I would rather see people fill and over fill a dumpster on shore then leave it on the ice. I live near Buffalo, and the city has dumpsters on the landings.

I have seen these abused though. Last year I seen a couch sitting on top of the dumpster. But then, I would rather see it there then in the road ditch some place.

Ozzy169 I have noticed in Dakota County especially that they are really good about putting out garbage cans/dumpsters, but whoever is supposed to empty them should not have a job anymore because they SUCK!!

So many times I have picked up trash coming in off the lake or trash blowing around the parking lot and went to the dumpster to find it heaped up so high you couldnt even fit an empty pack of cigarettes in it. I find this extremely lazy on the city's part. I see the same Community Service Officer all the time at Dakota County lakes and I dont see how this guy could miss a dumpster piled so high and spilling onto the ground.

All I can say is keep picking up other people's trash, you are not the only one doing it. But the company hired by the city to empty the dumpsters should be fined for being lazy. Better yet make them walk around the lake and pick up garbage.

morriscode