• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need some help with this desicion

Fishstunner-- wow. I know that $300 is a LOT for someone who's 15.. At the time the most expensive thing I had was the monitor for my computer that I had to buy myself. If I had $300 to spend on fishing equipment at that time I would have spent it on rod/reel combos and various tackle for open water shore fishing. I didn't get into ice fishing untill I was 17... and then it was a hand auger, bucket, and one nice jigging rod. And right now.. $300 goes into either a new portable house or stuff for the boat for next year wink.gif; I jest don't think it's worth $300 when I could buy a nice portable house, heater, and lantern for the same price.

Hey Zimm, My luck is always good.. I just work hard at it.
Dano, Iv'e got your answer to the problem. Contact me if innerested.
Grump-Right 0n!!!!

WalleyeMaster, Folks like yourself are our angling and hunting future. Please consider the advice of those who have responded to your post and take action now! Ice will not linger forever so get out there! To the F.M. gang- let's continue to encourage our young people to enjoy the beautiful sights we have seen many times....

------------------

Crawlerman, I only bought a fl-18 and a icerod combo and lures, a bout a total of $450. The rest i get to burrow like the ice auger, house w/heater, 4 wheeler but i have a snowmobile. It helps when u have people that help ya out. smile.gif
I also use the fl-18 in my dads boat in the summer so that was a good investment. grin.gif

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

[This message has been edited by fishstunner (edited 01-09-2003).]

Walleyemaster12, I think it's great that you want to build a shack.A few bucks isn't going to make or break your college fund considering what they get for tuition at college.Spending time ice fishing is a better option than alot of other things you could get into.Fishing is a great sport you can do all of your life and I fear not enough young people are getting into it.Good Luck!!!

I think money spent on a portable would be money well spent. When I was young, I never fished the same lake 2 days in a row and sometimes packed my gear in to a remote lake on my back. Portability was important. It depends on your location and style of fishing I guess.
The other thing you should do is to invite mom to go fishing with you. Quality time alone with mom in a different atmosphere will be very beneficial. For you and her. She will see the benefit for you in fishing and may enjoy it as much as you do.

WALLEyE12: a coupla the guys gave you a bunch of bad info. if you live under your mothers roof you should kinda do what she asks. if you don't it can come back to haunt you. you may need a car in a coupla years and you may need your mom for this. there's an old saying, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. i don't think this forum should be used to teach a young man disrespect for his parents wishes. and those posts should be deleted. and you tards that told this young man to go against his mothers wishes should be ashamed of yourselves. but maybe yous guys treated your mothers with disrespect... Walleye12 if your mom doesn't want ya ta build a fish house, do as the other guys say and by a portable for a few hunnert bucks and you will have the best of both worlds and keep peace. besides what are ya gonna pull a fish house with? your bike? sometimes moms are smarter than they look. keebo