• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Close Encounters

duckbuster

Had this pretty neat thing happen to us this weekend while Grouse hunting.

While walking down our favorite trail my dog gets birdy and is working the ground real hard with her nose. We now are coming to a bend in the trail and what comes around the corner with it's nose on the ground is none other than Mr. Coyote.

I stop and watch all of this unfold right in front of me. They both continue to walk forward, toward one another, with their noses on the ground.

At about the exact same time they both must have gotten a nose full of one another and lifted their heads. They both stop dead in their tracks and look at each other from about 20 yards away.

After about a 10 count of looking at each other they both cock the heads inward as if to say "who are you and what are YOU doing here". This lasted for about another 10 count then the coyote meander into the woods to his right. My dog looks back at me like, " what the "H" was that"?

Stuff like this are pretty neat when they happen and fortunately they have been a pretty common occurrence for the 2 of us each year. Every weekend when we get home my kids ask me to tell them the latest "adventure story".

These are the times when you are in the woods that are the BEST!!!!